Wednesday, November 2, 2016

US Viewed as Biggest Bully, Warmonger and Threat to World Peace Poll Reveals

US Viewed as Biggest Bully, Warmonger and Threat to World Peace Poll Reveals
US Seen as Biggest Bully, Warmonger and Threat to World Peace by People Everywhere Poll Reveal

Once loved by all for saving Europe from Hitler's Nazis and Mussolini's Fascists, and China from Imperialist Japan, we've become the Monster we were fighting in WWII.

If my above assessment shocks you, please keep an open mind and read the following article, including the rant about the US written by a young man with both US and Canadian citizenship. I warn you, he doesn't paint a pretty picture of the US, but he paints a realistic picture with honesty and reflection. For some of you, his words will be offensive, for others they will be eye opening. I suggest you only read the words below if you have an open mind. 

While the "official" research still claims that the US-led 'war on terror' has killed "only" about 2 million people, this is but a small fraction of the deaths the US and NATO are directly or indirectly responsible for over the last two decades. In fact, a study by Global Research presents pretty convincing evidence that the US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II.

Global Research writes:
"To the families and friends of these victims it makes little difference whether the causes were U.S. military action, proxy military forces, the provision of U.S. military supplies or advisors, or other ways, such as economic pressures applied by our nation. They had to make decisions about other things such as finding lost loved ones, whether to become refugees, and how to survive. 
And the pain and anger is spread even further. Some authorities estimate that there are as many as 10 wounded for each person who dies in wars. Their visible, continued suffering is a continuing reminder to their fellow countrymen. 
It is essential that Americans learn more about this topic so that they can begin to understand the pain that others feel. Someone once observed that the Germans during WWII “chose not to know.” We cannot allow history to say this about our country. The question posed above was “How many September 11ths has the United States caused in other nations since WWII?”

As long as fifteen years ago, Samuel Huntington, the prominent political analyst and Harvard professor of "science of government" warned in the journal Foreign Affairs, that for much of the world the United States was “becoming the rogue superpower…the single greatest external threat to their societies.” 

Not long thereafter, Robert Jervis, the American Political Science Association President made a similar assessment: “In the eyes of much of the world, in fact, the prime rogue state today is the United States.” 

David Swanson sums it up with; "The primary thing the US government does is wage wars, and it wages them against other people who had no say in the matter.''

This is how much of the world sees the United States of America today:
"There is something I am going to try and explain here after watching the Democratic National Convention this evening that will invite the scorn of many of my friends. But the words are gagging my throat and my stomach is twisted and sick and I have to vomit this out. The anti-americanism in me is about to explode and land god knows where as my rage is well beyond reason. And I, by heritage, half American in a way that makes me “more” American than almost anyone else in this country except for the true Americans, the American Indians, am in utter denial tonight that I am, as you are, American as well. 
I am half Canadian, I was brought up there, with very different values than you Americans hold, and tonight — after the endless spit ups and boasts and rants about the greatness of American militarism, and praise for American military strength, and boasts about wiping out ISIS, and America being the strongest country on earth, and an utterly inane story from a woman whose son died in Obama’s war, about how she got to cry in gratitude on Obama’s shoulder — tonight I feel deeply Canadian. Every subtle lesson I was ever subliminally given about the bullies across the border and their rudeness and their lack of education and their self-given right to bomb whoever they wanted in the world for no reason other than that they wanted something the people in the other country had, and their greed, came oozing to the surface of my psyche. 
I just got back from a rather fierce walk beside the Yellowstone River here in Montana, trying to let the mountains in the distance reconnect me to some place of goodness in my soul, but I couldn’t find it. The scenery was as exquisite as ever, but it just couldn’t touch the rage in my heart. The visions of all the dead children in Syria that Hillary Clinton helped to kill; the children bombed to bits in Afghanistan and Pakistan from Obama’s drones, the grisly chaos of Libya, the utter wasteland of Iraq, the death and destruction everywhere caused by American military intervention. The Ukraine, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Chile, you name it — your country has bombed it or destroyed its civilian life in some basic way. 
When I heard all the Americans cheering for the military and the pronouncements of might coming from the speakers in the Wells Fargo Centre, I loathed you. I loathed every single one of you. I knew in my gut that what I was taught as a child was true, which is that YOU are the enemy. YOU are the country to be feared. YOU are the country to be disgusted by. YOU are ignorant. And your  greed and self-satisfaction and unearned pride knows no bounds. 
I am not an American tonight. I reject my Puritan ancestors who landed in this country in 1648. I reject the words I voiced at my citizenship ceremony. I reject every moment of thrilling discovery I ever had in this country. 
You people have no idea what it is like for people from other countries to hear you boast and cheer for your guns and your bombs and your soldiers and your murderous military leaders and your war criminals and your murdering and conscienceless Commander in Chief. All those soaring words are received by the  rest of us, by us non-Americans, by all the cells in our body, as absolutely repugnant and obscene. 
And there you all are tonight, glued to your TVs and your computers, your hearts swelled with pride because you belong to the strongest country on Earth, cheering on your Murderer President. Ignorant of the entire world’s repulsion. You kill and you kill and you kill, and still you remain proud. 
We are fools." 
- Anonymous Canadian 

Wow! The first time I finished reading this I was close to tears. Not for its author, not even for the millions of people the US has directly or indirectly killed, but because I see what was once the greatest, wealthiest, most democratic, most humanitarian, most productive and best educated, nation on earth turning ugly and evil in front of my very eyes. It seems like I'm watching a train-wreck in slow motion, where its too late to stop it and one can only cringe and watch it happen. We have become the very monster many of our parents and grandparents died fighting in the name of freedom...


When the Win/Gallup poll questioned nearly 66,000 people in 68 countries around the world in 2013 (results published in 2014) as to which country they believed to be the greatest threat to world peace, the overwhelming answer was the United States. In fact, 24 percent of worldwide respondents chose the US. as the greatest threat to world peace. In second place, with a whopping 8 percent, was Pakistan [see above map].

Interestingly enough, these same people, when asked if given the opportunity, which country they'd want to live in chose the US.


Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a dofollow blog, in that all nofollow attributes have been removed. This means you will receive a backlink from the URL you submitted with your name and address. However, any URL you post with you comment text will not be clickable and will not produce a backlink.